Court Documents

What is attestation?

There are times when a court-issued document needs to be used overseas. When this is needed, the document will need to be attested, also known as legalised, before being presented to an overseas authority. This means that the document has been authenticated by the government where the court is based, and on some occasions by the Embassy of the country where the document is going to be used. 

We can help you get any UK court-issued documents attested for use outside of the UK, as well as most court documents from other countries. These documents include the following common examples:

A woman carrying a briefcase containing court documents
  • Decree Absolute (Divorce Decree)
  • Decree Nisi
  • Last Will and Testament
  • Grants of Probate
  • Bankruptcy Documents
To order your attestation online, start by choosing your country.

The above documents can be presented in one of the following ways. Either:

  • The document must have been signed by an officer of the court 
  •  The document must bear the original ink stamp or seal of the court
  • The document has been certified by a practising UK Solicitor or Notary Public 

For help and advice on how to get your court documents legalised, please Contact Us on 0330 088 1142 or alternatively Request a Legalisation Quote for your specific requirements. 

How can I get in touch?

request a callback  REQUEST A CALLBACK



request a callback

Chat to an advisor to learn more about legalisation.


request a callback

Request a quotation for legalisation of your documents.


Looking for another document type?


Call Us Today on +44 (0)330 088 1142